Thursday 19 January 2012

Kitschy Kitchen



Recipe album kit by Melissa Francis: Kitschy Kitchen...the name says it all!

I found this cute kit in my stash after having bought it ages ago- typical me! And as my favourite recipes are mostly scribbled on scraps of paper and chucked in a kitchen drawer I thought it was about time I did something about it. 

As well as the album, I’d bought some of the coordinating bits: tags, cardstock stickers and extra recipe cards: they definitely added a little something. As an experienced crafter I felt afterwards that I could have easily made this album up myself with a couple of D-rings, some chipboard and a few papers, which would have been cheaper and given me more creative freedom (the covers come already printed), but I like how it turned out and that’s the main thing! 

I added some of my own ribbon, a frame sticker and a paper doily to the album to personalise it more. I’m not usually one for kits, but this one was fast and fun so maybe I’ll try a few more…

10 comments:

  1. It's coming along very tasty ! Very pretty cover!

    I'm busy (amongst other stuff...sigh) with a recipe album with this line too. I picked up the cute stickers last Saturday as they suddenly appeared at my local craft store (that really never has something interesting) I also still had some of papers (dotted ones) and the rub ons in my stash. I'm such an hoarder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great book. :) Im dreadful for putting kits away and forgetting I have them too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my Gosh! I just love your blog!! super lovely :) shall we follow each other ? :D

    astorytohear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Now let's see how long it takes before I actually get around to writing some recipes in it...

    Fenni Yorena, thank you! Your blog looks really interesting I'd love to follow it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow you too :)
    waiting for your next big post :)xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book looks lovely. Enjoy filling it up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray! Thank you for joining the Monthly Make for 2012. I am really looking forward to seeing what you make! I am going to try very hard this year and really hope that we can support one another! If you do a post about your make then please pop by and leave me a comment so that I can come over and see it! Love Annie x ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks brilliant.Would love to see it when it's been filled!

    ReplyDelete